BERBAGI ILMU YANG BERMANFAAT

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Kumpulan Expressing Kelas XII

NAME : HERAYANTI
CLASS : XII ACCELERATION

No.
Expression
EXAMPLE OF EXPRESSION
EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE
1
Persuade
Ø  Can I persuade you...?
Ø  How can I persuade you to...?
Ø  Couldn’t you be persuaded...?
Ø  Won’t you... please ?
Ø  I think it would be a pity if we didn’t...
Ø  Oh, come on!
Ø  Buy me this one, mom, please?
Ø  I’m begging you. Will you...?
Ø  Let’s join...you won’t regret it.
Ø Just this once!

In the class, Dilla and Novi were chatting about school holiday.
Dilla : Hi, Novi
Novi : Hi
Dilla : What are you doing ?
Novi : Just read a book
Dilla : If holiday next week, where will you go ?
Novi : I just stay at my home, because my family is so busy. They haven’t a time to vacation.
Dilla : Can I persuade you to join holiday with me ? we can go there together.
Novi : ouch thanks Dilla, I don’t know, but I think, it’s better if I stay at my home.
Dilla : come on ! ? You won’t regret it. I think you will be bored if you stay at your home
Novi : yeah.. I think so. I will join with you.
Dilla : can I trust you ?
Novi : yeah, I promise
Dilla : OK, I will contact you.
2
Regretting
Ø  I’m so sorry
Ø  I regret that
Ø  I’m sorry to hear that
Ø  I’m sorry to disappointed you
Ø  I regret to say I’m ...
Ø  I regret the accident, but wasn’t my fault
Ø  Sorry to have you blamed
Ø  I’m regret of doing …..
Ø  I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean that.
Ø  I do apologize.
At the park, Lilis was sitting alone and suddenly Ridha came.
Ridha : Lilis, what are you doing here ?
Lilis   : nothing, I just sit
Ridha : But, why you look so sad ?
Lilis   : Ridha, I regreted because I did not finish my homework  last night.
Ridha : why ? what were you doing last night ?
Lilis : I watched a cinema and I forgot to do my homework.
Ridha : So ?
Lilis   : My teacher gave me a punishment and my mother was so angry to me.
Ridha : keep patient, and don’t do it again. OK
Lilis   : OK
3
Preventing
Ø  You mustn't ...
Ø  You shouldn't (really) ...
Ø  You’d better not ...
(For goodness sake)
Ø  Don’t look!
Ø  You can’t...!
Ø  You’re not (really) supposed to ...
Ø  I don’t really think you should...
Ø  Stop! Wait! (Or other imperatives)



In Utary’s room. There are Ridha and Utary who are doing their homework.
Ridha : Utary, have you finished your homework ?
Utary  : Not yet, why ?
Ridha : Can you help me ? I can’t do it, it’s very difficult.
Utary  : Yeah, I can
Ridha : (take a book). Utary.. what book is this ?
Utary  : Oh no..!! you can’t open the book.
Ridha : Why ?
Utary  : It is my diary, you shouldn’t see that.
Ridha : I’m sorry. I don’t mean that
Utary  : it doesn’t matter




4
Hopes
Ø  I hope to see him soon.
Ø  I hope you haven’t paid for it.
Ø  I hope so.
Ø  I think you’ll like our neighborhood.
Ø  I only hope he’ll be able to help them out.
Ø  I was hoping for good news this time.
Ø  I’m rather hoping the weather will be good.
Ø  I hope we can make them feel welcome.
Ø  I hope she’ll do it.
Ø  I just hope he’ll be able to come.
Ø  We hope to go there next week.
Ø  I very much hope they’d realize its importance.
Ø  Hopefully, she’ll bring it with him.
Ø  Let’s hope she’ll get better soon.
Ø  Hopefully
Ø  I expect that

Ani and Ridha went to the library. There, they are talking about SNMPTN.
Ani : Ridha..what book do you want to borrow ?
Ridha : Physics, and you ?
Ani : I’m Mathematics
Ridha : Ani.. do you know, when will SNMPTN announcement happen ?
Ani : Maybe,  27th May 2014
Ridha : Have you chosen the university what do you want ?
Ani : yes, I have
Ridha : what is your choise about the faculty ?
Ani : The Faculty is mathematics. And you ?
Ridha : I choose psychology of UNHAS
Ani : I hope you can get what do you want to be a psychologist and success at all
Ridha : Thank you very much friend, I hope so for you.
Ani : thank you Ridha..

5
Intentions
Ø  I'm going to ...
Ø  I'm planning to ...
Ø  I'll make an effort to ...
Ø  I'm thinking of ...
Ø  I reckon I'll ...
Ø  I have every intention of ...
Ø  I fully intend to ...
Ø  It is my intention to ...
In the classroom, Rio is finishing his homework and Irfan come.

Irfan : Hi, Rio
Rio  : Hi
Irfan : What are you doing ?
Rio : I’m finishing my homework. Have you finished ?
Irfan : Yeah.. I have
Rio : do you remember about holiday ?
Irfan : Certainly.. If holiday next week, where will you go ?
Rio : I’m planning to go to my Grandparents’s  home. What about you ?
Irfan : I’m planning to camp with my family. I can climb up and fishing there.
Rio : wow.. it is a good idea
Irfan : I’m very happy. Finally, we can vacation with my family.
Rio : yeah.. me too.



6
Encouraging



Ø  Well done!
Ø  You're doing fine!
Ø  You're doing very well.
Ø  That's fine.
Ø  I wish I could do as well.
Ø  That's better than I could do.
Ø  Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do better this time.
Ø  Come on!
Ø  You can do it!
Ø  Keep it up!
Ø  Nearly there!
Ø  Great!
Ø  You have our whole-hearted support.
Ø  We feel you should go ahead.
Ø  You have my support
Dwi is a singer. He will sing in the competition and he feels nervous.
Ilyas : Hi Dwi, I hear you will join the singing competition.
Dwi : Yes, right
Ilyas : how about your preparations ?
Dwi : I am ready, but I don’t know, why I feel so nervous.
Ilyas : yeah, it usually happen friend
Dwi : So, what must I do ?
Ilyas : You must keep calm and  pray to the God
Dwi : thanks friend, I will do it
Ilyas : Great ! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do better this time.
Dwi : thanks Ilyas



7
Assessing
Ø  I think the movie is...
Ø  What an awesome movie!
Ø  The jokes are really funny!
Ø  Oh.. you are very talented in...
Dilla and Hera were drawing a building projection.
Lilis : Hera, I have almost finished. What about you?
Hera : I have finished
Lilis : You are very fast to do it.
Hera : Not well
Lilis : Your coloration is very nice
Hera : Thank you
Lilis : You are very talented to be a painter
Hera : Ouch yeah ? Are you sure ?
Lilis : Yes, I sure


8
Criticizing
Ø  This is unsatisfactory.
Ø  I'm sorry to say this, but ...
Ø  Something must be done about ...
Ø  Would you mind not ...
Ø  Would you please not ...
Ø  You can't possibly do that.
Ø  You're always ...
Ø  I wish you wouldn't ...
Ø  I'm not at satisfied with ...

Dilla and Hera were drawing a building projection.
Lilis : Hera, I have almost finished. What about you ?
Hera : I have finished
Lilis : You are very fast to do it.
Hera : not well
Lilis : your coloration is very nice
Hera : thank you
Lilis : what do you think about my drawing ?
Hera : I think not bad, but I’m sorry to say this, your drawing look like the city at night
Lilis : ouch yeah ? Why ?
Hera : You’re always use many colors and it appears so contrast
Lilis : ouch.. thanks for your opinion
Hera : you’re welcome
9
Predicting
Ø  ...will/may/might....
Ø  It's quite possible ...
Ø  Maybe/Perhaps/Probably ...
Ø  It looks/seems ...
Ø  It is likely ...
Ø  I think there is every possibility ...
Ø  It's reasonable to believe ...
Ø  It's more than likely ...
Ø  I predict...
In the classroom, Ani and Novi were chatting about their friend, Rio, because their friend didn’t come.
Ani : what time is it ?
Novi : 07.30 o’clock
Ani : why doesn’t Rio come ?
Novi: I heard his mother hospitalized last night.
Ani : why ?
Novi : I don’t know
Ani : Hmm.. I predict he will not come to the school this morning
Novi : Yeah.. Maybe..



10
Speculating
Ø  If ...
Ø  Suppose ...
Ø  Just imagine ...
Ø  If only ...
Ø  Let us suppose ...
Ø  If  I may speculate for a moment, ...
Ø  Speculating for a moment, ...
Ø  Let us take a hypothetical case ...
Ø  On the assumption that ...
Ø  On condition that ...
Ø  Provided that ...
Ø  Given that ...
 Ilyas and Rafi were sitting in front of class.
Rafi : Hi Ilyas, what are you doing here ?
Ilyas : I’m learning now
Rafi : you are always learn. Why do you study hard Ilyas ?
Ilyas : I must study hard, because I just got schoolarship, so I can continue my study.
Rafi : Hmm..
Ilyas : Let me suppose, I don’t get the schoolarship, I can’t continue my study.
Rafi : why ?
Ilyas : My parents has not much money to pay the committee.



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : Kumpulan Expressing Kelas XII

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Silahkan berikan Komentar terbaik mu, boleh cantumkan link blog anda asalkan sesuai dengan topik materi